Monday, March 29, 2010

I just want to be better.

Gerry is home safe and sound from Boston. No planes nosediving out of the sky. Always a good thing.

The pizza (half pepperoni, half spinach & mushroom) has been eaten. Our tummies are full. Another good thing.

I will be leaving for work in an hour. God keeps providing financially. Can't be anything but good!

I am feeling blah and don't particularly want to go to work. I would really like to sleep in my own bed tonight. I know it is completely and understandably natural to feel this way. The reality is, though, that someone's husband isn't coming home tonight. Someone is hungry tonight. Someone doesn't have a job tonight. Someone doesn't have a bed to sleep in tonight.

These are important things. These are things worthy to be mentioned with a good degree of concern. Not my complancency or my "normality" for feeling the way that I do.

"Normal" may have served its purpose, but really...I'm tired of it. I would like to get beyond "normal" for once. I'd like to actually live above day in and day out blah.

I don't want or expect perfection. I just want to be better.

2 comments:

  1. The pizza was good and I am glad I am home and you are a great wife!

    ReplyDelete